Saturday 3 April 2010

Scary

After being in the computer industry for nearly 40 years I have finally taken the plunge and started a blog. This really is scary! What took me so long? Just getting round to it, I suppose. And perhaps the fear that it might take up too much time in my already extremely busy life.

This is supposed to be a Triumph-related blog, and I will try to keep to that theme.


I am a fan of the Triumph 2000 range of cars, made by Standard-Triumph Ltd. in the UK between 1963 and 1977. I first came into contact with these fine cars in 1972, when a friend bought a 1965 2000 saloon from another friend's father. Being mechanically minded, I got to look after this car, and even got to drive it occasionally. When he got a company car in 1974, my friend offered me the Triumph - and the rest, as they say, is history.

In the next post I will try to list all the Triumph 2000 range cars that I have owned. There are quite a few of them; I think I have owned at least one example of every single model!

My current car is "Janey", a 2000 saloon with a Stag V8 engine, built by Ian "Del" Lines of Atlantic Garage, Weston-super-Mare in 1975, which I have owned since 1986. I expect I'll be writing quite a lot about that car in future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment